Research, Facts, and Space Goats…OH MY!
Reality based science fiction is a stormy sea of facts and information channeled out into story form for the reader to navigate via smoother waters. I’m always researching and studying and contemplating and researching. Let’s see …*looks at browser history*… here is a sampling of a few things I’ve looked up in the past two weeks:
* Can cob be reconstituted and reused?
* What is the best kind of goat for milking? For isolated systems? Basically, what’s the best breed of space goat?
* When will vaccines become DNA based rather than one-size fits all? What prototype equipment is being tested?
* NASA’s Mars missions planned for the 2030’s.
* When will the first holographic TV’s be rolled out for consumer purchases?
* What is the LARPing term for when your mundane life becomes part of your character and your character becomes part of your mundane life?
* How much sense of self did the volunteers lose while role playing in the Stanford Prison Experiment?
Admit it. A goat in a spacesuit would be awesome! And yes, there are memes for that, too.
But I digress…
As I plot out TRANSITIONS (a novella collection featuring point-of-view stories from Ember, Leaf, Mack, Fillion, and Lynden) and draft GAMEMASTER (the final book in the series), what I really want to research is this:
* What do YOU want to know/see in The Biodome Chronicles?
* If I were to add a sixth novella in TRANSITIONS, would you want a point-of-view story from Skylar or Rain?
Comment and I’ll do my best to wrap in your question/idea into my story. Seriously. I thrive on these kind of challenges. Either way, I’ll mention you in the bonus material at the end of the book! Wooohooo!
If you don’t have a question, then comment via my social media post with a picture of a goat. Especially space goats. But all goats are welcome. Oh somebody please post a picture of an adorable baby goat! And…ahem…keep it clean folks. I’ll delete your comment if it’s not family friendly.
All right. I’m on standby so ask away!